In February 1919, Baguley built the first six of these 20hp locomotives, ordered by the Timber Supply Department, which operated a number of timber tramways in forests across the United Kingdom. These were works number 774-779, and 774 was dispatched from the Shobnall Road Works in Burton-on-Trent on 5th. March 1919 and delivered to the Cambrian Railways station at Machynlleth a few days later. It is believed to have worked on the timber railway at Pennal which was nearby.
In 1923, Baguley repurchased No. 774 from the TSD. The rear of the cab was altered and the locomotive received a lined light green livery. It was used as a demonstration model for the company at exhibitions, first at the Commercial Motor Show in London in November 1923, then in 1924 on the Drewery stand at the British Empire Exhibition at Wembley.
In January 1927, Oakeley Quarry at Blaenau Ffestiniog purchased the locomotive, and it worked there until 1937, when it was withdrawn from service and walled up inside the redundant Upper Mill and forgotten.
It was rescued for preservation in 1965, and after several owners was bought by the museum in 1997.
Photograph taken by John Olsen.