Gauge: 2ft (610mm)
The Cliffe Hill Mineral Railway was opened in 1896 and closed in 1948. Its purpose was to carry granite from the quarry near Coalville, Leicestershire to exchange sidings near Bardon Hill station on the Midland Railway, later LMS, line from Leicester to Burton on Trent. Over the years a wide variety of locomotives worked on the line. Bagnall was the favoured supplier with nine locos: there were also three Sentinel vertical boiler locos, a single Kerr Stuart example; an early petrol loco by Baguley and a diesel by Orenstein and Koppel. Bagnall 1491 of 1897 Isobel and Bagnall 2067 of 1918 Peter survive.