Gauge: 2ft 3ins (685mm)
The Plynlimon & Hafan Tramway, was a short-lived railway in Mid-Wales, opening in 1897, and closing in 1899.
The Plynlimon and Hafan Tramway was also known as The Hafan and Talybont Railway. It ran from Llanfihangel (later renamed Llandre) station on the Cambrian Railways (between Aberystwyth and Borth) via the village of Talybont and the valley of the Afon Leri into the foothills of Plynlimon Fawr. It was built to serve the lead mines at Bwlch Glas and stone quarries around Hafan and opened in 1897. The total length was around 7 miles.
A passenger service was provided from March 1898 between Llanfihangel and Talybont, occasionally running further up the valley. However the area was sparsely populated, and the service lost money. It is doubtful it ran after the end of 1898.
With increasing losses, the railway closed in 1899.
|Number / Name||Manufacturer||Type||Notes|
|Victoria||Messrs John Slee and Co. of 1897||0-4-0VBT||Assumed scrapped 1899|
|Talybont||W G Bagnall Ltd No.1497 of 1897||2-4-0T||Sold back to Bagnall 1899. Then to the Vale of Rheidol Railway and renamed Rheidol|
|Hafan||W G Bagnall Ltd No.1510 of 1897||0-4-0ST||Worked above the incline. Sold back to Bagnall 1901|