Llanberis Lake Railway

Gauge: 1ft 11½in (600mm)

The Llanberis Lake Railway is a modern heritage railway opening in 1971. It is built on part of the trackbed of the former four foot gauge Padarn railway, and runs for 2½ miles alongside Llyn Padarn from Llanberis to the the west end of the lake.

Originally running from Gilfach Ddu to Penllyn, in June 2003 the railway was extended to the town of Llanberis.

Number / NameManufacturerTypeNotes
1 ElidirHunslet Engine Co. No.493 of 18890-4-0STBuilt for the Dinorwic quarry; originally named Enid then later renamed Red Damsel
2 Thomas BachHunslet Engine Co. No.894 of 19040-4-0STBuilt for the Dinorwic quarry; originally named Wild Aster
3 DolbadarnHunslet Engine Co. No.1430 of 19220-4-0STBuilt for the Dinorwic quarry
7 TopsyRuston & Hornsby No.441427 of 19614wDMBuilt for Bestwood Colliery. Initially named Coed Gorau when it arrived at Llanberis
8 Twll CoedRuston & Hornsby No.268878 of 19524wDMex Lodge Hill and Upnor Railway
11 GarrettRuston & Hornsby No.198286 of 19394wDM
19 LlanelliRuston & Hornsby No.451901 of 19614wDM