Weekly Exhibit

This open wagon is based on a Festiniog Railway design of about 1850. It was owned by the Oakeley Quarries Company and used to carry coal to the quarries for firing the boilers of steam pumps and winding engines. The wagon has double doors at one end only for loading and unloading. Its heavy wooden framing is reinforced with metal plates and strips and the wheels are carried on inside bearings attached to the wooden frames.