A reminder of the Southwold Railway in East Anglia. This 3ft gauge railway connected the town of Southwold with the Great Eastern main line railway at Halesworth. The plaque which includes a section of rail, commemorates the line which opened in 1879, closing 50 years later in 1929.
A postcard was also produced marking the closure of the line. It shows the locomotive Southwold with its train at Wenhaston Station.
The Southwold Railway Trust is working on preserving and reopening parts of the railway.